Monday, October 7, 2013

Up Close and Personal




When thinking of my ideas for this project, I first thought of things that I am interested and would enjoy thinking about and creating. I also thought about something that would be interesting/creative and would fit in with the assignment. I demonstrated emphasis in my work by making the eyes the focal point and having them be the most colorful in the peice. I think I did a good job of making the eyes stand out against the rest of the drawing. I used Prismacolors (colored pencil) because I wanted the peice to be very attentive to the detail and I wanted the colors to be sharp and clean. I thought colored pencils would be the best way to do this.Yes I think I took risks with this peice, specifically when dealing with the whites of the eyes. They are very dark in the peice and it was hard for me to not just do them "normal" and do them completely white. Instead they are a dark grey almomst black. I believe that I used the concept of emotion in my drawing becuase I did draw a villain and he is in fact very frightening and scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment